Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers day POPS!!!

POPS!!! I have so many great memories with you. I just wanted to take a minute and say thank-you for everything you have taught me! Here are some (not all because it would take to long) but some of my favorite things about you!

-You are so friendly! I can't remember a time growing up when you stopped to get gas and didn't have a 10 minute conversation with the person at the pump next to you. I remember being so excited when we would pull up to the gas station and there was nobody there because that meant you would be fast! Ha ha I am so grateful that you did that now because it has taught me to be a good people person and to have good conversation skills. Even at our wedding reception you took the time and went around to every table to meet everyone. But it's not just meeting them, It's shaking their hand and learning their name and making them feel important. I can't tell you how many people came up after the reception and told be how nice or how friendly you are! What an AMAZING character trait to have! Thank you for teaching me all that!



-There is never a dull moment with you. Other than the times when you wanted to have a strategy or format planned.. you weren't ever very serious! This taught me to never take life too serious, and there is always time for a game (or something of the sort) for instance seeing how many peices of bread we could take in one pinch of the sacrament! ha ha. Or eating string cheese for example... Never a dull moment!



-You are always Smiling! Everyone loves to meet someone or to know someone who is always smiling, To me, you are my example of that! I can even tell you are smiling when I am on the phone with you, it comes through in your voice. Plus it's not just a fake smile, it is a real genuine smile that can brighten anyones day. Thank you so much for always smiling and teaching me to always smile... no one likes to frown!



-You put strawberry jam and Bar-B-Que sauce on everything!! This totally grossed me out when I was little but believe it or not... it got me prepared for all the other gross things that guys do and eat!

-I can't wait for my little girl to experience the Marc the Shark attack or to... Suffer the fate of the falling pillow!

-Thin pancakes... Not much more needs to be said about that!

-Pops I have a lot more I could say about you but I need to save some material for future Fathers Days... No matter what I or anyone else has said, you are a great Dad and I love you! After all you are and always will be my daddy warbucks! What would I do without you! Happy Fathers day Pops! I hope you have a Great day and I love you!

No comments: